New Jersey towns all braced for super storm Stella the past few days. The food stores were packed with people loading up for the storm and Generators were checked to make sure they were running properly in case power outages. Then to wake up to today in Jackson NJ, Manchester NJ, Toms River NJ, Freehold NJ, Brick NJ, Howell NJ and in Colts Neck NJ to just a big mess of slush. What will all of this slush turn into? ICE!!!With ice forming from this storm I want you to stop and ask your self the following questions:
1. Would you like to know, How good is your clean up crew at your business, shopping center, mall, school or restaurant?
2. Would you like to know, when and how long a clean up crew is on your property and exactly what took place while they were there?
3. Would you like to know, that rock salt was spread around and walk ways are cleared all from the comforts of your home?
If you answered yes to the above questions then its time to look into installing a security camera system to your business with remote views that you can view on your smartphone, Laptop or IPad . There are many types of security camera companies and systems that you can even do your self at the chain retail stores today. However, before you make an investment in security cameras you need to do your research.
Buying and installing your own system
- If you buy a do it your self system can you actually install it yourself?
- Do you know how to position cameras to get the best views?
Also keep in mind when you install your own system you have no support when something goes wrong.
Thought of installing your own system not for you then its time to look for a reputable company.
When choosing a company to install security cameras at your business check for the following
1.Make sure they licensed
3.Employees are background checked
4. Ask for reference/read reviews
5.look for a company that is better business bureau accredited an A
Can Your business afford a false slip and fall claim ?
An investment in a security system to your business will help you know what take place at your property with out you stepping foot outside your door on a day there is a threat of a storm like this week with Storm Stella you would be able to check in and see if your parking lot was cleared for your employees to get into the parking lot safely.
Cameras on a parking lot will not only let you see who is working in a parking lot, They will help you see your customers coming and going and in snowy icy weather. Security Cameras on your parking lot will also help you prevent costly false slip and fall claims. It is unfortunate that there are some people always looking to put in a claim looking to make money off of a false claim. Security Cameras would have the event a person claimed happen caught on tape and will be the proof you need for exactly what took place at your business.
Importance of security cameras in parking lots in all kinds of weather:
Security Cameras in parking lots are important today not just on icy days for slip and fall claims, They are more and more important to protect your customers and their cars. With the advances in security cameras today not only can a security camera see the color of a car but in many cases:
-Security Cameras can see a license plate
-Security Cameras can show a clear description of a person in a parking lot
-Security Cameras in a parking lot can also prove if a car was hit in a parking lot
-Security Cameras can show proof if a car was broken into
-security cameras will show proof if someone causes damage to another person or their vehicle.
Jackson NJ, Manchester NJ, Toms River NJ, Freehold NJ, Brick NJ, Howell NJ or Colts Neck NJ that your business is in its time to get your parking lots protected with security cameras. If you are a business owner the piece of mind on a day you are waiting for a storm like Stella that never happens or if your waiting for a much bigger storm its nice to know you can look in with out leaving the comforts of your home if you have security cameras installed with remote views.
To learn more about security cameras and what they can do for your business take a look at our website Central Jersey Security Cameras or call today 732 333 0227
Jackson, Watchung , Cranford, Morris Township, Scotch Plains, South Plainfield, Linden, East Brunswick, South Brunswick, North Brunswick, Manalapan, Wayne, Pompton lakes , and Elmwood park NJ what do each of these NJ towns have in common? They have all had homes that have been burglarized since January 2017. So, why is it important to point out the above towns have all had homes that have been burglarized when in the United States there is a home broken into every 15 seconds what makes these towns stand out in the news?
As of January 2017 NJ has a new bail reform, under the new rules nearly all defendants are expected to be released back out into the public with no monetary bail. This new bail reform has resulted the following headlines in the media over the past few weeks:
YOU WON’T BELIEVE HOW MANY TIMES THIS ACCUSED BURGLAR HAS BEEN RELEASED
AUTHORITIES IN SUSSEX SEEK TO DETAIN ALLEGED SERIAL BURGLAR
BAIL REFORM AGAIN TAKES HEAT FROM COPS AFTER ALLEGED REPEAT BURGLAR ARREST
Jackson, Watchung, Cranford, Morristown ship, Scotch Plains, South Plainfield, Linden, East Brunswick, South Brunswick, North Brunswick, Manalapan, Wayne, Prompton lakes, and Elmwood park NJ all have had homes that have been burglarized, and the accused burglars were all released and last least three if the same accused burglars were picked up again by law enforcement for allegedly committing the same crimes again. Scary to think with the new bail reform if your home was burglarized and the person that was caught in your home can be released, without bail, and in many cases the same day to burglarize another home, or worse try to come back and finish the job at your home.
On Average, a homeowner that was a victim of a home burglary has a loss of $2230.00. Many NJ households do not make $2230.00 in a week, how long does it take for your house hold to make that amount? Not only does a family that is victimized by a burglar stuffer a loss in a monetary amount they also suffer emotionally, in many cases. Their home may no longer feel safe.
Burglary Statistics every NJ homeowner should know
• In the US a Burglary/home invasion happens every 15 seconds
• Average loss per homeowner that has had a burglary is $2,230
• 34% of burglars enter though the front door
• 65% of Burglaries happen between 6am-6pm (while most of us are at work )
• Most Criminals can Burglarize a home in less than 10 minutes
• Most burglars start in the master bedroom
Burglars are always looking for homes or businesses that are easy targets
Homeowners and business owners alike can help protect their home or business by making a few security improvements
1. Lock your doors, and make sure all door and window locks are secure, and in proper working order
2. Install and maintain a home alarm system, have your alarm connected to a UL listed central station monitoring. (alarms are a deterrent to an intruder)
3. Look at installing a home security camera system to your home or business preferably one with intrusion detection
Intrusion detection/perimeter or area notations otherwise known as line crossing detection
• Line crossing detection, or Intrusion detection, is a function of your Dvr, Nvr or IP camera. What it does is instantly detect any motion in a certain “set”, set by you. It will send immediate alerts to your smart device directly from the Dvr, Nvr or IP camera. For example: you want to know when someone or something enters your driveway, so you go into the software of your Dvr, Nvr or IP camera and start setting up specific areas by drawing lines across the driveway, of course these are not visible lines to the human eye since it is only a virtual line or perimeter you have created. But it acts just as well as a virtual Tripwire. In essence what it will do is activate when the area or line is breached and send you a notification either directly through the app or to your email, whichever you choose. You can even have audible alerts right on site through and external siren or right from the Dvr or Nvr.
• You may want to know when the kids get home from school or if the delivery person is at your front door, so you would set up a virtual intrusion area at your front door. You can set this to work on schedules, certain hours during the day, and certain days during the week or if you are on vacation and will be away from your home or business and you want to be alerted when someone or something breaches you’re “set” area or areas. While both High Definition and IP cameras and the use of an Nvr in conjunction with IP cameras will both do the job there is more flexibility with the Nvr and IP cameras in terms of having multiple cameras set up for line crossing/intrusion detection. There are also sensitivity settings to adjust to meet your needs. For example: you may not want to know when a cat or small animal crosses the line so you would adjust the scale to measure for larger objects.
• Here at Central Jersey Security Cameras we offer instructional videos (below) to walk you through the entire process on setting up your security system to send you the alerts when areas are breached or lines crossed. You must remember to allow notifications on your smart device if you are being notified through the app or “surveillance center” as it is called on the software setup.
So, now you know burglars are looking for easy targets, the statistics and know with the new bail reform in NJ the average burglars even when caught can be back out on the streets to commit more damage to NJ families or NJ Business what can you do? It’s time to get our homes and businesses protected! Where do you begin how do you choose the right home or business security for your family’s needs? Here are a few tips when choosing a security company for your home or business.
1. Make sure they are a registered company (preferably with a location you can go to)
2. Are their employees background checked? (It’s your home or business security you don’t want just anyone there)
3. Is the company BBB accredited? (Choose a company with an A rating)
4. Check to make sure the company you deal with is fully insured
5. When installing an alarm system, make sure the company you choose is UL listed with their central station monitoring
(In most cases when you choose an alarm company that is UL listed you can get a discount on your homeowners insurance)
Central Jersey Security Cameras takes great pride in being a registered, Licensed and fully insured New Jersey Company. We are accredited A+ with the bbb, every employee is background checked to the fullest extent of the law and our alarm systems are UL list with central station motoring.
Jackson, Watchung , Cranford, Morris Township, Scotch Plains, South Plainfield, Linden, East Brunswick, South Brunswick, North Brunswick, Manalapan, Wayne, Prompton lakes , Elmwood park NJ and the surrounding areas to get your home, family and business protected call Central Jersey Security Cameras today (732)333-0227, Don’t become the next victim!