This Past weekend anyone on social media in Jackson NJ has seen footage of a burglar on a home security system going right into a homeowner’s back door! This homeowner was able to take snap shots from the security footage and get them out on social media for the whole town to see rather quickly. Because of the homeowner having the pictures to show Law enforcement and the public a suspect was apprehended the next day.
In the case in Jackson NJ according to social media the homeowner had a back door unlocked and did not have a home alarm on the home. Locking your door setting an alarm are keys to keeping your home safe!
Your home is probably one of the biggest investments that you will ever make and it’s the one place you should feel the safest. This can make having your home broken into or invaded by an unwanted intruder devastating. If this unfortunate event takes place at your home you make wonder if you will ever feel safe again in your own home.
Keeping your home safe in today’s world means becoming diligent with your home’s security needs. Adding home security system to your home doubled with a home alarm system and security cameras for your home is what many families in New Jersey and throughout the tristate area are doing today.
No burglar wants to be caught in film on camera often what we see at Central jersey Security cameras is a would be criminals walk up to a home look right up at the camera and walks away. In many case we find a neighbor or someone down the block without security cameras becomes the victim of the burglar.
Here are 5 home tips to help you secure your home.
1. Take a good look at your home – Most burglars decide within five minutes weather your home is a good target for them
-Look at you home during the day can just anyone look inside your home walk up and see no one is inside
-Look at your home at night when the lights are on in your home can just anyone see that new expensive TV system you brought from the street?
Both day and night views of your home are important for a burglar to check out so beat them to it take a look and get protected!
2. Examine each point of entry to your home. Today burglars have YouTube that has thousands of lock picking videos that a pro can get into your home with a standard lock in many case in less than a minute. A window can be broken in less than a minute as well. Here is where you need to take a close look at adding a home alarm to your house. If someone moves a door open or breaks a window (as long as you have glass breaks or motion sensors) Your home alarm will sound in many case scaring the burglar away and the proper authorities will be on their way to your home.
3. be careful what you post on social media!! Going on vacation and think it’s a good idea to brag to your friends? think again this is social media – i don’t care you have “friends only setting on” anyone can take a picture of your post with their cell and now show millions of people you are away and no one will be in your home for days.
4. Identify and remove enticements from clear views -Home invasions and home robberies happen for a reason a burglar wants to be confident that your home is worth the trouble. You need to make sure when you get that new expensive TV DVR and home appliance you do not leave boxes out front in out your home or have them visible in your trash. If a prospective robber goes past your home and sees you have new goodies in your home you may become a target. Make sure you dispose of Boxes to pricey items in black trash bags.
5. GET you home security and keep it up to date!!! Adding security cameras and alarms is a great idea but they are useless if you don’t work properly. When choosing home security it’s an investment and when making this investment you need to think quickly but hard on the choice you make when you choose the company to do your home security. Shop around and be sure the company you choose is BBB accredited, read the company reviews and make sure the Central Station Monitoring you choose is UL listed. (As a side note don’t forget to check with your homeowners insurance many companies offer a discount to homeowners with UL listed alarms and now some companies offer discounts for installing security camera systems to your home. Check with your provider to see the dis counts they are willing to offer)
Don’t leave you home security to chance and don’t wait to become a victim. Call Central Jersey Security Cameras today and we call schedule an appointment today to give your home a security audit and help you find the security system you that will work best for your family. Call Central Jersey Security Cameras today 732-333-0227