With football season among us, how many of you are going out with your friends and family for Sunday football? What about Monday night football? Thursday night football? Whether you are going to an establishment or to someone’s home to watch the game, are you leaving your home unattended? With fall and winter approaching, we all know it gets darker earlier outside. The darker it is outside, the easier it is for a burglar to go unnoticed. Keep an eye on your home while you are not. Have the security you need by having an alarm system put in place to notify you when someone is trying to break into your home.
Here are 5 home tips to help you secure your home:
1. Take a good look at your home – Most burglars decide within five minutes whether your home is a good target for them.
-Look at your home during the day. Can just anyone look inside your home, walk up, and see no one is inside?
-Look at your home at night when the lights are on in your home. Can just anyone see that new expensive TV system you bought from the street?
Both day and night views of your home are important for a burglar to check out, so beat them to it. Take a look and get protected!
2. Examine each point of entry to your home. Today, burglars have YouTube, which has thousands of lock picking videos. These videos can help a pro get into your home, with a standard lock in many cases, in less than a minute. A window can be broken in less than a minute as well. Here is where you need to take a close look at adding a home alarm system to your house. If someone opens a door or breaks a window, (as long as you have glass breaks or motion sensors), your home alarm will sound, in many cases scaring the burglar away, and the proper authorities will be on their way to your home.
3. Be careful what you post on social media!! Going away for Thanksgiving and think it’s a good idea to brag to your friends? Think again. This is social media – even with the “friends only” setting on, anyone can take a picture of your post with their cell phone and now show millions of people you are away and that no one will be in your home for days.
4. Identify and remove enticements from clear views. Home invasions and home robberies happen for a reason. A burglar wants to be confident that your home is worth the trouble. You need to make sure when you get that new expensive TV, DVR, and home appliance that you do not leave boxes out in front of your home or have them visible in your trash. If a prospective robber goes past your home and sees you have new goodies in your home, you may become a target. Make sure you dispose of boxes to pricey items in black trash bags.
5. GET home security and keep it up to date!!! Adding security cameras and alarms is a great idea, but they are useless if they don’t work properly. When choosing home security, it’s an investment, and when making this investment, you need to think quickly but hard on the choice you make when you choose the company to do your home security. Shop around and be sure the company you choose is BBB accredited. Read the company reviews and make sure the Central Station Monitoring you choose is UL listed. (As a side note don’t forget to check with your homeowner’s insurance. Many companies offer a discount to homeowners with UL listed alarms, and now some companies offer discounts for installing security camera systems to your home. Check with your provider to see the discounts they are willing to offer.)
UNCOMFORTABLE WALKING INTO YOUR DARK HOME?
Are you uncomfortable walking into your dark home when you return from those late-night games? Adding an Ultra-Sync alarm to your home can now give you control over your lights at home. From the palm of your hand, you can now have complete home automation with the ease of your smart phone. You can turn lights off and on with the tap of your finger. Ultra-Sync can even schedule the lights to turn on at a specific time of day. When you aren’t home, make it look like you are home. You are also able to control your heat while you are away with this alarm system! With all the advances in alarms this past year with the launch of the new Ultra-Sync alarm home automation, you can now not only be alerted when someone is at your home, but you have access to using all these features that make your life more convenient away from home. You can even lock and unlock your doors without digging for those keys in your pocket. Take advantage of the key features our ultra-sync has to offer.
LEAVING THE CHILDREN WITH A BABY SITTER TO CATCH THE GAME?
Are you leaving your children with a baby sitter while you go out to an establishment to catch the big game of the week that you’ve been waiting for? Your children are precious to you. Know that they are being taken care of and treated the way that you wish. You can do that by having security cameras installed, whether they are installed in plain sight or hidden. Check in and make sure they’re not getting into all that left-over Halloween candy and junk food thinking they’re sneaky and you’ll never catch them. Do you miss them while you’re away from home? Take a look at them via your cameras. We have an app where you can see them remotely right on your phone. Are your kids old enough to not need a sitter and are able to stay home alone? Do you want to know if your kids have invited their friends over while you are out for the night? Make sure they’re not getting themselves into trouble by having line intrusion alerts sent right to your phone.
WHAT IS LINE CROSSING DETECTION?
Line crossing detection, or intrusion detection, is a function of your DVR, NVR or IP camera. What it does is that it instantly detects any motion in a certain “set”, which is a set area that is personally set by you for your alert needs. It will send immediate alerts to your smart device directly from the DVR, NVR or IP camera. For example: you want to know when someone or something enters your driveway? So, you go into the software of your DVR, NVR or IP camera and start setting up specific areas by drawing lines across the driveway. Of course, these are not visible lines to the human eye since it is only a virtual line or perimeter you have created, but it acts just as good as a virtual Tripwire. In essence, what it will do is activate the area when the area or line is breached and send you a notification either directly through the app or to your email, whichever option you choose. You can even have audible alerts right on site through an external siren or right from the DVR or NVR.
The peace of mind while you are away from home, knowing that your home is protected from unwanted guests while you are away, is priceless. With the upcoming holidays you spend away from home with family and friends, know your home is safe. Know that you can enjoy that late night football game and all that family you only get the chance to see for the holidays. Don’t let a burglar take that peace of mind and holiday joy away from you! Get yourself and your family protected. To learn more about how to keep your NJ home safe, secure, and protected, call Central Jersey Security Cameras (732)333-0227 or visit our website today to get your free quote!