Your home is probably one of the biggest investments that you will ever make and it’s the one place you should truly feel the safest. This can make having your home broken into or invaded by an unwanted intruder devastating. If this unfortunate event takes place at your home, you may wonder if you will ever feel safe again in your own home. Is that a chance you’re willing to take? Why risk it? Keeping your home safe in today’s world means becoming diligent with your home’s security needs.
Often what we see at Central Jersey Security Cameras is a would-be criminal walk up to a home, look right up at the camera, and walk away. In many cases we find a neighbor or someone down the block without the protection of security cameras becomes the unintended victim of the burglar. Double up on your home security! Get yourself an alarm system and security cameras for your home. Many families in New Jersey and throughout the tristate area are doing so today.
The average home burglar loves this time of the year as we are all busy out shopping and visiting family. They know it’s that time of year that the expensive electronics make their way into your home. All those new game systems that came out just in time for Christmas, that nice big screen TV you’ve been waiting to get for yourself… they’re all enticements for these burglars. Think smart, don’t advertise your new expensive items. Dispose of their boxes properly by breaking them down and placing them in black trash bags. Your home can possibly be being watched by just about anyone like the professional burglar or the junkie looking for a quick steal to make cash fast. Don’t make it easy! No burglar wants to be caught on film on your security cameras. So, what do you do? You get your home protected!
Homes with the added protection of a home alarm system and security cameras are a burglar’s worst nightmare. Now not only were they caught on tape by the security cameras, but they now alerted the proper authorities by setting off an alarm system. Chances are they will be caught on the spot. With the footage from your security cameras, you now have the proof of what took place at your home. So, this holiday season it’s time to take action on keeping your home safe. Call Central Jersey Security Cameras and get your home protected.
HERE ARE 5 HOME TIPS TO HELP YOU SECURE YOUR HOME:
1. Take a good look at your home: Most burglars decide within five minutes whether your home is a good target for them.
-Look at your home during the day. Can just anyone look inside your home, walk up, and see no one is inside?
-Look at your home at night when the lights are on in your home. Can just anyone see that new expensive TV system you bought while looking in from the street?
Both day and night views of your home are important for a burglar to check out, so beat them to it. Take a look and get protected!
2. Examine each point of entry to your home: Today, burglars have YouTube, which has thousands of lock picking videos. These videos can help a pro get into your home, with a standard lock in many cases, in less than a minute. A window can be broken in less than a minute as well. Here is where you need to take a close look at adding a home alarm system to your house. If someone opens a door or breaks a window, (as long as you have glass breaks or motion sensors), your home alarm will sound, in many cases scaring the burglar away, and the proper authorities will be on their way to your home.
3. Be careful what you post on social media: Going away with the family for Christmas and think it’s a good idea to brag to your friends? Think again. This is social media – even with the “friends only” setting on, anyone can take a picture of your post with their cell phone and now show millions of people you are away and that no one will be in your home for days.
4. Identify and remove enticements from clear views: Home invasions and home robberies happen for a reason. A burglar wants to be confident that your home is worth the trouble. This Christmas, you need to make sure when you get that new expensive TV, game system, DVR, and home appliance that you do not leave boxes out in front of your home or have them visible in your trash. If a prospective robber goes past your home and sees you have new goodies in your home, you may become a target. Don’t advertise all your new electronics to would-be thieves. Remember to break your boxes down this Christmas in an effort to disguise your new valuables. Make sure you dispose of boxes to pricey items in black trash bags.
5. GET home security and keep it up to date: Adding security cameras and alarms is a great idea, but they are useless if they don’t work properly. When choosing home security, it’s an investment, and when making this investment, you need to think quickly but hard on the choice you make when you choose the company to do your home security. Shop around and be sure the company you choose is BBB accredited. Read the company reviews and make sure the Central Station Monitoring you choose is UL listed. (As a side note don’t forget to check with your homeowner’s insurance. Many companies offer a discount to homeowners with UL listed alarms, and now some companies offer discounts for installing security camera systems to your home. Check with your provider to see the discounts they are willing to offer.)
Have the security you need this holiday season by having an alarm system put in place to notify you when someone is trying to break into your home. Not only do we do alarm systems, but we also do security camera systems. Don’t let that Grinch like burglar ruin your holidays! Call Central Jersey Security Cameras today! 732-333-0227
Don’t forget, home security also makes a perfect gift for a loved one that will keep giving for many many years to come!!!!