Summer transitioning into fall, much like winter transitioning into spring, is the time of year that the weather changes throughout the day. We can walk out of our home in the morning needing a sweatshirt and pants, by midday be ready for shorts and a tank and then as the sun sets be right back to needing a sweatshirt and pants again. This makes it inconvenient to set a thermostat manually so your home is at the temperature that is comfortable to you. Unless….. you have an UltraSync alarm panel installed in your home! With the convenience of the home automation features the UltraSync has to offer, you can now set your thermostat from the palm of your hand using your smartphone and a touch of your finger. Just like that, with a touch of your finger, you can have your home set to be nice and toasty for when you wake up and get out of bed in the morning, set it back to being cool throughout the day as the sun peaks in, and have it right back to the perfect temperature for you when you walk through the door from a long work day. The same goes for your lights. With fall upon us, it gets darker earlier. Don’t come home to a dark house. Have your lights set on a timer, or turn them on before you even walk through the door. To learn more about what the UltraSync can do for your home, visit our webpage.
With advances in alarms this past year with the launch of the new UltraSync alarm home automation system, you can now not only be alerted when someone is at your home and place of business but right from the palm of your hand, you can use your smartphone to do much more!
Features like arming and disarming your system from your phone is only the beginning!
Peace of Mind: Kids? With the school year beginning here in New Jersey, would you like to know when the kids walk in the house? Contractors? Having work done on your home while the weather is still nice, would you like to be able to see what contractors are doing when you can’t be home to see for yourself? Pets? We all love our pets. Would you like to look in on them and see how your pets are behaving? Now you can, by pairing professionally installed security cameras along with your UltraSync alarm.
Come Home to Comfort: With the fall season now upon us, would you like to be able to control the temperature in your home while you are not there? Would you like to make sure your lights are on in front of your home before you pull in, now you can. Your home can be ready for you at just the right time by automatically adjusting thermostats, turning on lights and unlocking doors as you arrive, using the geo-location technology in your UltraSync system paired with your smartphone’s GPS.
Night Mode: Set your home to automatically close the garage, lock doors, turn out lights, and modify home temperature with the push of a button, all from the comfort of your bed. This means no more getting out of bed to check if the doors are all locked, you can now check right on your phone and have the peace of mind your home is secure.
Enhanced Security, More Convenience: Use the UltraSync mobile app to create temporary codes for people who need limited access to your home. If, for example, you need to let a friend or worker into your home, you can use the app to create a unique code, and then remotely set the system to allow access only on select days and at specific times. Check your system status, arm/disarm and trigger automations from virtually anywhere. Also, view the status of security and life safety sensors, and be alerted when selected devices are opened or activated.
Burglars often look for the homes that are easy hits. Double up on your home security by having an alarm system and security camera system installed at your home. Not only will security cameras help you keep an eye on what’s going on around your home, but you may also need to know when the kids get home from school, so you would set up a virtual intrusion area at your front door. For your older children that don’t need a sitter, the bus rolls in to drop them off while you’re still at work. Sure, they’re going to want to play outside on their own and you’re going to want to make sure they don’t stray out of the yard and keep an eye on them. Make sure they’re not getting themselves into trouble by having line intrusion alerts sent right to your phone.
WHAT IS LINE CROSSING DETECTION?
Line crossing detection, or intrusion detection, is a function of your DVR, NVR or IP camera. What it does is that it instantly detects any motion in a certain “set”, which is a set area that is personally set by you for your alert needs. It will send immediate alerts to your smart device directly from the DVR, NVR or IP camera. For example, you want to know when someone or something enters your driveway? So, you go into the software of your DVR, NVR or IP camera and start setting up specific areas by drawing lines across the driveway. Of course, these are not visible lines to the human eye since it is only a virtual line or perimeter you have created, but it acts just as good as a virtual tripwire. In essence, what it will do is activate the area when the area or line is breached and send you a notification either directly through the app or to your email, whichever option you choose. You can even have audible alerts right on site through an external siren or right from the DVR or NVR.
You can set this to work on schedules, certain hours during the day, certain days during the week or if you are on vacation and will be away from your home or business and you want to be alerted when someone or something breaches your “set” area or areas. While both High Definition and IP cameras or the use of an NVR in conjunction with IP cameras will both do the job, there is more flexibility with the NVR and IP cameras in terms of having multiple cameras set up for line crossing/intrusion detection. There are also sensitivity settings that do adjust to meet your needs. For example, you may not want to know when a cat or small animal crosses the line, so you would adjust the scale to measure for larger objects.
Make sure you trim back any branches that may have become over grown this spring. Make sure your security cameras have a clear view of your home and the surrounding areas. Any dark spots in the yard can make it easier for a would-be intruder to come up to your home. Check to make sure your home and the surrounding areas are lit up, making it less enticing for a potential burglar.
Home Safety Measures to Take Now This Fall:
- While the weather is still nice, now is the time to check your carbon monoxide detectors in your home before the heat goes on for the season.
- Check your fire detectors, if you have detectors that are hooked into central station, it’s time to run a test to make sure they are working in proper order. This is also the time to replace batteries in smoke alarms in your home too.
- Make sure your home is free of obstructing trees and bushes and your security cameras have clear views.
- Test your security alarm. Check to make sure your contacts and glass breaks are all in working order.
- Make sure all your doors have secure locks and don’t forget your windows all have locks, you do not want to make it easy for a would be intruder to get into your home.
- Send a clear sign. Make sure your home security signs aren’t covered up with decorations. As illustrated by the picture below, some people choose to use their security signs as a place to add decoration. It’s important to remember that even though this is a time to be festive, signs are one of the easiest ways to deter a criminal. Consider using decorations to highlight your security camera sign instead, and make it more obvious to potential thieves so they avoid your home all together. Enjoy your holiday decorations, but make sure they don’t hide your signs.
- Rake away the leaves. Make sure your outdoor home security cameras don’t get obstructed by leaves or snow. Ensuring your camera’s view is clear is an easy way to maintain visibility whether viewing in real-time or during play-back. Nothing is more frustrating than needing security footage that has been carelessly covered. Clearing out your gutters can help for cameras located up high, to prevent dangling fall foliage from blocking your view. Don’t let leaves or snow block your camera views.
- Brighten up. One distinct characteristic of fall and winter is the earlier setting sun. Lighting can play a big role in improving your homes safety, and from discouraging robbers from targeting your home. Make sure to add additional lighting if necessary to dark corners, and keep lights on in the late afternoon and evening. Keeping a light on can keep a robber away.
- Don’t open the door for strangers. Though trick-or-treaters will be abundant this week, it’s important that you know who you’re opening your door for. Sometimes burglars disguise themselves, and come right up and knock on your door to either rob your home, or get a better look around until you aren’t home. Security camera can help you view who’s approaching your home so you can make smart decisions about who you decide to open up for. Know who’s at your door before you answer it.
- Add an alarm. If you don’t already have one, consider adding an alarm system to increase your home safety. While the presence of security cameras are a deterrent in and of themselves, no burglar wants to stick around a home with a blaring alarm going off. In the event that someone breaks into your home, an alarm system can quickly notify you and police through our central station monitoring.
Not only can Central Jersey Security Cameras provide cameras with line crossing detection, we can also put cameras inside the home in areas you may need to watch. With today’s technology, the possibilities are endless.
Here at Central Jersey Security Cameras we offer instructional videos to walk you through the entire process on setting up your security system to send you the alerts when areas are breached, or lines are crossed. You must remember to allow notifications on your smart device if you are being notified through the app or “surveillance center” as it is called on the software setup.
With fall in swing and the holiday season to come, now is the time to make sure your home is secure. Many families go away for the holiday season. Know your home is safe and secure and that you have the ability to see what is going on even when you are not there to see with your own eyes. Before you take that trip, check that your cameras and that your alarm is working properly and make sure to leave your home looking occupied if you leave for an extended period of time.
Don’t let the fear of your home’s safety stop you from doing the things you love. Know that you can leave the house for 10 minutes or days at a time and that you won’t miss a beat. Don’t let a burglar take that peace of mind and holiday joy away from you. The peace of mind while you are away from home, knowing that your home is protected from unwanted guests while you are away, is priceless. Get yourself and your family protected. If you don’t already have a home security camera or alarm system, or if you want to update your current system, give us a call at Central Jersey Security Cameras for a free estimate. To learn more about how to keep your home safe, secure, and protected, visit our website today or call us at 732-333-0227